Friday, August 10, 2012

Tre Chic meets Grunge/a challenge

That got your attention didn't it? 

I am so excited to have been invited to join Dar of Dar's Crafty Creations and Lana of Blest with Stamps, in their Goodwill Altered Item challenge. Thanks ladies!

Here's the deets:
Find a cheap jewelry box at a thrift store/flea market
Use Graphic 45 A Ladies' Diary paper collection
Alter the jewelry box as you wish

You'll want to pop over to Dar's blog and see the stunning box she has created - here.
And stop over to Lana's blog, she has an amazing transformation - here.
Leave the gals some love and let them know Nan sent you.
(Edit: p.s. I set up my post last night and hadn't yet seen the others' boxes. OMG! you have to go check out the altered boxes of Lana and Dar! They are fabulous!)

Now on to my altered thrift store jewelry box.

Easy right? Well, it took me awhile to come up with something as my jewelry box is 12" x 7" and I'm using the 8x8 G45 paper pack! So I decided to go 'grunge' and 'tre chic'....quite a combo hey?!
(there are a lot of pics so you can see the details)
Oh! Can you spot the 'one' item I used distress ink on? Quite a rarity for me!

This is what I started with:
the old insides

And here we go "Tre Chic meets Grunge"

a closer look

isn't she gorgeous? She thinks so!

Look out fellas, she's a knockout!

Shall we take a peek inside?

Ready...................


close up of tags and fussy cutting. (my hands are still cramped from all of this fussy cutting :D )

and meet Miss High Society.

What keepsake box would be complete without places to put your treasures and a covered compartment!

isn't she a beauty in her feathered hat and fur trimmed dress!


and in our covered (secret) compartment

and their close up (where's Mr. DeMille?)


So there you have it...my Tre Chic meets Grunge keepsake box.

I sure love it. Hope you do too.

Enjoy!

I'm entering this is in the following challenges:

Sarah Hurley Challenge Blog - Alter something
Ruby's Rainbow Challenge - Anything but a card
CASE Study Challenge - Outside the Box (altered a 'box')
The Pink Elephant Challenge - Ribbon Galore (crochet, silk & string pearl ribbons)



Supplies:
paper: graphic 45 a ladies' diary 8x8 paper pack and tags
box: old jewelry box
other: pearls, black paint, gold metallic paste, ribbon, matte medium, flock, feathers, memento tuxedo marker

14 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH Nan ... you have certainly created a TRUE WORK-OF-ART here! This is just awesome and I'm SO HAPPY you joined us in the challenge. I just can't say enough ... was certainly worth the wait!! GORGEOUS panels ... so much to see ... WOW ... just stunning!!
    I need to go back and s-l-o-w-l-y examine each photo just in case I missed something!
    AWESOME inspiration my friend ... FABULOUS altering job!
    HUGE HUGS from OHIO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nan What can I say its stunning !! I love it what an inspiration !!! I am soooo glad you joined our challenge. An amazing join Nan I hope you had fun doing it. Someone will love getting that piece of art, I know I sure would! Thanks again for playing with us. If your ever coming to Ohio let us know so we can meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a gorgeous masterpiece!

    i love the lovely details and one can see the lot of work and love you put in your creation!

    GREAT job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beautiful box,I love it!Thanks for sharing it at Sarah Hurley's Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing work of art!! You both created such beauties, I'm in awe!! Thank you for joining us for the CASE Study Anniversary celebrations :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning, simply stunning. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nan, wow your certainly created a beautiful jewelry box...truly gorgeous! I know you had fun working with Darlene and Lana on this challenge. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous creation!

    Thank you for joining in the fun at Ruby’s Rainbow challenges for our * Anything but a card * challenge

    Hope you will join us again
    Hugs Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful, I adore Graphic45.Thanks for joining us over at Sarah Hurley Challenge Blog, Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful project!! Thanks so much for playing along with The Pink Elephant Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh WOW, absolutely stunning project. Helen MTTC xx. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How incredibly detailed and carefully crafted! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely marvelous!!! You made that ol' box so gorgeous!! I had not ever thought of re-doing a jewelry box... great idea!

    ReplyDelete